How to Spot Fake Abercrombie and Fitch on Ebay
I found this article on www.ehow.com. I hope it can be useful.
Abercrombie and Fitch is a very popular brand of clothing for both men and women. Most of their clothing is pretty expensive and of very good quality. For these reasons, many sellers on Ebay will attempt to sell fake Abercrombie and Fitch clothing. They list the clothes for a cheap price that seems too good to be true, and it usually is. The clothing they are selling may look like authentic Abercrombie and Fitch clothing, but it is not.
- Avoid sellers that have large quantities of Abercrombie and Fitch items, especially if they are of the same item.
- Read a seller’s feedback comments. If they’ve sold a fake item to someone else, then there will usually be a comment stating so.
- Examine the buttons on all clothing. The buttons should have the name “Abercrombie and Fitch” engraved on them.
- Determine if the product being sold actually exists. Check Abercrombie and Fitch’s official website to see their product lines.
- Check out the moose logo on all clothing. Fake Abercrombie and Fitch will usually have awkward moose logos that will either be way too big and obvious or too thin. Compare the moose logo with like items being sold on their official website.
- Look at the zippers on all clothing. Abercrombie and Fitch clothing has the zipper located on the right side when you are wearing them. The zippers will also have some sort of engraving on them.
Tips & Warnings
- If you’ve already bought the item and are still unsure if it is fake, check the weight and quality of the material. If it is lightweight and cheaply made, then it is definitely fake clothing.
- Always ask for more pictures if you are skeptical.
- Mounted logos are a lot harder to duplicate, so there is less of a chance that an item of clothing with an Abercrombie and Fitch mounted logo is fake.
- Tags do not always mean that the item is authentic.